Avocado Toast with a Poached Egg.
We love this breakfast because it has a perfect balance of protein, healthy fats and carbs. It keeps us energized and is delicious and enjoyable to eat.
This breakfast is...
- Low glycemic
- Nightshade free
- 1 slice of organic bread
- 1/2 an avocado
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- Toast bread.
- Cut avocado in half, remove the pit and cut into fine slices. Layer avocado on the toast, mash with a fork and season with a bit of sea salt and black pepper.
- Crack your egg into a bowl.
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil on your stovetop. Add sea salt and vinegar. Begin stirring your water with a spoon to create a whirlpool. Carefully add your egg into the whirlpool. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes then use a slotted spoon to carefully remove from the poached egg onto a plate lined with paper towel to soak up the excess liquid.
- Transfer the egg to the top of your toast and season again with sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!